Configuring IIS Web Server to run virtual web-sites
Overview: This Article will show you how to configure and set appropriate permissions for a virtual web-site to run under IIS.
This is divided into two parts the first one shows you how to configure a virtual directory under IIS and the second part show how to set permissions for that virtual directory.
Creating a Virtual Directory on your IIS Server
If you have installed IIS with the default configuration IIS virtual directory will be installed under c:\inetpub\wwwroot We will be creating a virtual directory called mybuddy and configuring it.
1) Create a new directory under c:\inetpub\wwwroot called mybuddy Now go to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mybuddy directory and right click on the mybuddy folder and click properties you will be presented with a screen simillar to the image below.
2) Click on the Web Sharing tab and then click on the Add... button.
3) Now enter the Alias name as mybuddy and click OK your virtual directory is created on IIS.
Setps for Setting permission for the virtual directory
1) Go to your Control Panel then click on Administrative Tools then Click on Internet Information Services icon.
2) Expand the tree as shown in the figure above and right click on the mybuddy and click on properties.
3) You will get a screen simillar to the image above now click on the Directory Security Tab.
4) Now click on the Edit... button.
5) Now Click on Anonymous access dont worry if you see a different name under the User name dont change it just click OK, your virtual directory will be set up with the appropriate permissions.
If you have already installed/configured PHP then you can run the sample PHP code to test your web-server
| Terms of Service
(c) 2002 - 2018 PHPbuddy.com Unauthorized reproduction/replication of any part of this site is prohibited.